Cannondale Club

Cannondale Club

Chain Replacement


When chain of our bicycle is damaged and need change or even for aesthetic reasons when we want to change it follow the steps below:








Note: Chain of our pics is KMC Ti-N XX SP Gold in a Cannondale Bad Boy

 
1.- Secure  bike to a stand

2.- We turn upside down the pedals until the beginning of the chain display (initial compound eye)

3.- Depending on chain, open it from this link or by the use of tools or just with our hands.



4.- Remove chain from the bike.





 
5.- Clean rear derailleur.


 
6.- Remove new chain from the packaging and begin to pass from the rear cassette (gears), the derailleur and reach up to the front.



7.- When we do it all these properly, then at the end in my hands I hold the two ends of the chain.

8.- I put the initial link in both free ends of the chain to join and then I pull in the opposite direction with the help of my hands in order to stretch fully and finally tightened.

9.- Activate brakes of the bicycle, the pedals are turned upside down to make sure that chain is tightened completely.

10.- Finally I am ready to get my bike and go for a walk.























































































Φόρμα επικοινωνίας

Name

Email *

Message *